The 5-Day Intensive Therapy Program at Branches is intended to achieve a high level of transformational change in a short amount of time. It is a powerful, personal experience for individuals who desire to set aside their normal routine and surroundings to concentrate on their mental, emotional, physical and spiritual healing. Through a combination of one-on-one sessions with an assigned counselor, group sessions, spiritual development sessions, and other treatment modalities, participants will find a secure environment of healing and hope. Our therapy sessions are designed to provoke deep thought and radical change, and our therapists are available every step of the way to provide support, knowledge and guidance.
Who Would Benefit from attending a 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program?
Individuals who would most likely benefit from the 5-day Intensive Outpatient Program are those who are experiencing:
- Deep pain, grief, or loss
- Extreme depression
- Uncontrolled anxiety
- Personal addictions
- Shame, guilt, or feelings of failure from past experiences or behaviors
- Issues related to spirituality or relationship with God
- Issues related to improper management of mental health medications
What are the Goals of the 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program?
There are three main goals for each participant:
- To reduce the level of emotional and spiritual pain to a manageable level
- To offer genuine hope for complete emotional and spiritual healing
- To develop a long-term recovery plan that leads to restoration
What Would I Expect during the 5 Days?
- Within five days, participants receive the equivalent of three months of counseling. The total time commitment is approximately 40 hours.
- Each day begins at 8:00 am with two hours of personalized therapy with a counselor who is especially assigned based on the needs of the participant.
- The remaining sessions will include a rotation of group therapy sessions, spiritual development sessions, nutrition and medication consultation, prayer, and other methods of treatment as deemed appropriate for each individual.
- Each day ends at 5:00 pm. Participants will be given personal assignments to be completed before the next day’s sessions. Certain evenings will include attendance at a Celebrate Recovery meeting in the local area.
- Daytime sessions take place at Branches main campus in Murfreesboro, TN. Participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging, and meals. Branches staff can make suggestions for hotels that honor discounts for Branches’ clients. A lunch break will be given each day. Clients are welcome to use the staff kitchen/break room at any time.
- The agenda of each 5-day program typically follows the above structure. However, our program is customizable and our staff will work closely to design an agenda that will best meet the needs of the participants.
Who Leads the Sessions?
Sessions will be led by licensed and certified Branches counseling staff and other qualified, carefully selected pastors or spiritual leaders associated with Branches.
The Staff at Branches Counseling Center is happy to join in helping with the decision to attend a 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program at Branches. To begin the process of applying or simply gather more information about the program, call our office at 615-904-7170. You may also email our 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program Coordinator, Fred Johnson, at email@example.com
Typically the application process follows this manner:
- Potential participants call the Branches office and speak to front desk personnel to indicate interest in the program. If further information is desired, the client’s name will be given to the 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program Coordinator.
- Within three working days of receiving the caller’s information, the program coordinator will follow up with the client to confirm interest and determine appropriateness of fit for the client.
- Once both the client and intensive coordinator determine that the 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program is a good fit for the needs of the client, the client may complete and submit their application. The financial deposit is required with the application.
- Branches offers the 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program the third full week of each month. All application packets and deposits must be received in the Branches office at least 2 weeks prior to the start of 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program.
- At the point of receiving both the deposit and application, the client has officially registered for the next upcoming 5-Day Intensive Outpatient Program.